A norwegian's adventure in England, through an internship with NMS

More than 6 months.

I've already been here for more than six months. I'm more than half the way through the internship year. I'm so amazed with people around this area, how they welcome new people, share what they have, and go the extra mile to help you. As a person who sometimes struggle to recieve help it has been good to learn more about how great it is to rely on someone. One example of people's goodness happened today. A man I know picked me up as I was walking to school to do 'reflection'. He said that he was out anyway, and was thinking about me walking between the villages, and purposely drove the way he thought I would go to offer me a lift.

As you live in a different country for a longer period of time you get used to all the things they do, what side of the road they drive on, the smells, the food, the styles, and their habits. Still, only yesterday, when I met a lady that I know on the street, I got annoyed by something that is quite different from what I'm used to. I said: "Hi", and she said: "Hi, you're all right?", and just passed real quickly. Her body language definently didn't want to hear if I was all right. To be fair I guess we have sayings in every language that doesn't really make sense when we think about it. But still, it annoys me.

I'm still enjoying the work I do, and the beauty of this place. It is really beautiful - always new colours over the bay, as the tides change along with it.

Enjoy the following mix of random sights I've seen since I first came. (I might have posted some of these pictures before!)





Kommentarer