A norwegian's adventure in England, through an internship with NMS

May the light of God's presence shine upon us.


This picture was taken when we had the last youth club in Flookbrugh. We were outside making fires and playing hide and seek in the dark (that's their favourite game). I love white christmas lights.

This week is different because schools are busy preparing for Christmas. We are invited to a Christmas dinner in the secondary school, with the clergy, but for the most part we will plan for next year. On friday I'm going home! 

To sum up this autumn: 
I've learnt a lot. It has been challenging to get used to the english churches, and different church traditions. I have rethought why I do things the way I do. Some things have inspired me, and some thing I still don't understand why they do. Also, some of the things I do at work are things I'd never see myself doing. God has miraculously taken away my stage fright. It has been amazing to have had the time to read books, run and draw. The hospitality of people is something I want to lift high, and hope to bring back to Norway. I'm so grateful for all the friends I've gotten, and the relationships I've started with the young people. 

And: Most importantly - Even with challenges it is amazing to be where God wants you to be. 
Then the light of Jesus the son, can shine upon us. Let's celebrate His birth! He came to shine His light!

Kommentarer