A norwegian's adventure in England, through an internship with NMS

Across the pond

So in a God given way I am going to spend the coming year in Grange-Over-Sands. By joining cross counry skiing with my friends last Easter, I was introduced to the internship program of NMS (Norwegian mission organization). I will work as a Ucrew, which means I'll be working mainly with children and youth in Grange, together with the local church. We are 17 young adults going to different countries in Europe and The Middle East.

Stuff that I think about before the departure:
- English dialects
- How I will get along with the kids I'll be working with
- Get to know a new place
- What God will teach me
- New nature
- Meetings with new people
- Being far away from family (again)
- Food
- When will I feel like I've got my first friend?
- What talents do I have that I haven't known about?


If I want to go home, or if anyone wants to visit, it's only 26 hours away, by car.

Kommentarer